Download cover letter templates for your job application. Use our sample resumes and cover letters as a starting point for your own job application. Whether you finished school in year 10 or you’re a tertiary grad, and whether you’ve had heaps of work experience or none, one of these samples will suit your needs.
Professional Application Letter Samples
New cover letter examples added here.
Letter of application is document through which you introduce yourself to the employer. It is also known as a cover letter that provides information about your skills and expertise to your employer.
The basic objective of this letter is to invite you to an interview. It will be complimenting your resume so it is as important as the resume itself.
If you don’t have much knowledge about writing an application then here are some guidelines for you. Make sure you follow them as they are. With a nicely written application, you can attract the attention of the reader easily.
If you need letter of recommendation also you can read our article : Tips for Writing a Letter of Recommendation
- The letter should be brief yet informative.
- Don’t start explaining your qualifications and experience. Many people think that an application should explain their resume. That’s not the case. It should just include why you are interested in the particular job and what can you do for the company.
- Don’t use the words already mentioned in the job ad. If they have written “Want a skilled, experienced, cheerful freshmen” then don’t write cheerful, skilled and similar words in the skills section. That does not give a good impression at all. Using synonyms would be a better idea.
- It is always advisable to keep a copy of the letter with you. Us A4 size paper and make sure the quality of the paper is great.
- If you are attaching your resume and cover letter with the email, then make sure you don’t adopt a casual attitude. Don’t use U for You or other such slangs. Use complete words. Even a small grammatical error can make the reader throw your letter away.
- Don’t forget to mention where you saw the company’s ad. Then you can start with explaining why you are interested in the particular job.
- Don’t use negative phrases. Make sure the sentences are brief too. The length of the overall letter should not exceed 1 page. The mangers that go through the letters don’t have a very good attention span. They just skim through the letters as they have to read hundreds of more in a day.
- Follow the exact format of writing an cover letter, for better understanding you can download the templates and samples of letters. Make sure you write a new one. Don’t use the same letter as it is.
After you are done with writing it, proof read it for getting rid of errors.
Cover Letter Examples and Writing Tips
- Writing Good Cover Letters
- Download Cover Letter Samples
- Need A Cover Letter ?
- How to Write the Letter of Recommendation?
- Want to Download Resume Samples ?
- Block Format Letter
October 11, 2016