Download cover letter templates for your job application. Use our sample resumes and cover letters as a starting point for your own job application. Whether you finished school in year 10 or you’re a tertiary grad, and whether you’ve had heaps of work experience or none, one of these samples will suit your needs.
Professional Application Letter Samples
New cover letter examples added here.
Letter of application is document through which you introduce yourself to the employer. It is also known as a cover letter that provides information about your skills and expertise to your employer.
The basic objective of this letter is to invite you to an interview. It will be complimenting your resume so it is as important as the resume itself.
If you don’t have much knowledge about writing an application then here are some guidelines for you. Make sure you follow them as they are. With a nicely written application, you can attract the attention of the reader easily.
If you need letter of recommendation also you can read our article : Tips for Writing a Letter of Recommendation
Application Letter PDF Files
- The letter should be brief yet informative.
- Don’t start explaining your qualifications and experience. Many people think that an application should explain their resume. That’s not the case. It should just include why you are interested in the particular job and what can you do for the company.
- Don’t use the words already mentioned in the job ad. If they have written “Want a skilled, experienced, cheerful freshmen” then don’t write cheerful, skilled and similar words in the skills section. That does not give a good impression at all. Using synonyms would be a better idea.
- It is always advisable to keep a copy of the letter with you. Us A4 size paper and make sure the quality of the paper is great.
- If you are attaching your resume and cover letter with the email, then make sure you don’t adopt a casual attitude. Don’t use U for You or other such slangs. Use complete words. Even a small grammatical error can make the reader throw your letter away.
- Don’t forget to mention where you saw the company’s ad. Then you can start with explaining why you are interested in the particular job.
- Don’t use negative phrases. Make sure the sentences are brief too. The length of the overall letter should not exceed 1 page. The mangers that go through the letters don’t have a very good attention span. They just skim through the letters as they have to read hundreds of more in a day.
- Follow the exact format of writing an cover letter, for better understanding you can download the templates and samples of letters. Make sure you write a new one. Don’t use the same letter as it is.
After you are done with writing it, proof read it for getting rid of errors.
An Application Letter Interprets Resume
An application letter, also referred as cover letter, is a written document attached with resume while applying for a job. Such a letter contains additional information about candidate’s experience and skill. An application letter contains information in detail about why one is suitable for a job. It seeks to explain the job seeker’s interest in a particular organization, and relates his skills and experiences to the requirement of the prospective job. The cover letter should have a mention of the post one is applying for, and why one should be considered for selection processes like interview or a written examination.
The letter starts with the contact details of the job seeker, date, and details of the addressee such as name, designation, company’s name, and address. These follow the customary salutation like “Dear Manager”, “Hiring Manager” or the likes. The first paragraph contains the information about the post one is applying for, and the source from which one got the job listing. It may also mention the reference to mutual contact, if any. The next paragraph of the letter of application should contain what one has to offer to the employer. One should explain how one’s qualification and experience match the job requirements. One should strive to establish strong connection between one’s skills, qualification and experience, and the expectations listed in the particular job. However, one should keep in mind that one is just interpreting the resume, and not repeating it. One should be candid and straight forward in his approach, and should not exaggerate things. Short paragraphs should be used, and each statement should be accompanied with evidence by reference to the resume. This paragraph can make or mar one’s prospect of getting the new job. In the last paragraph, the writer should thank the employer in advance for considering him for the past. It should include a reference to the follow up one desire to take up within a short span of time usually a week. Then comes the complimentary close of the letter with such connotations like “Sincerely yours”, “Best regards”, “Yours truly”, or the likes. Lastly, one applying for the post should sign in hand.
Cover Letter Examples and Writing Tips
- Writing Good Cover Letters
- Download Cover Letter Samples
- Need A Cover Letter ?
- How to Write the Letter of Recommendation?
- Want to Download Resume Samples ?
- Block Format Letter
October 11, 2016