An application letter is one of the first few things that you need to prepare when applying for a job. Your application letter, together with your resume, are two of the most important documents you need in your bid to get a job and finally join the workforce.
Application letter formats and templates are ready for download. You can learn how to write a professional application letter for a Job with these letter formats. You’ve found the perfect job opportunity and have updated your resume, but before you can submit you should prepare a good formatted application letter.
Use our sample resumes and cover letters as a starting point for your own job application letter. Whether you finished school in year 10 or you’re a tertiary grad, and whether you’ve had heaps of work experience or none, one of these samples will suit your needs.
Professional Application Letter Samples
Sales Executive Application Letter
Application Letter for Internship Opportunity in a Zoo
Environmental Management Application Letter
Application Letter for Retail Management Trainee
A Formal Application Letter Sample
Application Letter for Graphic Designer Position
Sample Directions of a Health Industry for Application Letter
New cover letter examples added here.
Letter of application or the application letter is document through which you introduce yourself to the employer. It is also known as a cover letter that provides information about your skills and expertise to your employer.
Professional Application Letter & Job Application Letter Formats
Application Letter General Purpose
The basic objective of this letter is to invite you to an interview. It will be complimenting your resume so it is as important as the resume itself.
Guidelines For Writing an Application Letter
If you don’t have much knowledge about writing an application letter then here are some guidelines for you. Make sure you follow them as they are. With a nicely written application letter, you can attract the attention of the reader easily.
If you need letter of recommendation also you can read our article : Tips for Writing a Letter of Recommendation
Application Letter PDF Files
College Application Letter Format
- The letter should be brief yet informative.
- Don’t start explaining your qualifications and experience. Many people think that an application letter should explain their resume. That’s not the case. It should just include why you are interested in the particular job and what can you do for the company.
- Don’t use the words already mentioned in the job ad. If they have written “Want a skilled, experienced, cheerful freshmen” then don’t write cheerful, skilled and similar words in the skills section. That does not give a good impression at all. Using synonyms would be a better idea.
- It is always advisable to keep a copy of the letter with you. Us A4 size paper and make sure the quality of the paper is great.
- If you are attaching your resume and application letter with the email, then make sure you don’t adopt a casual attitude. Don’t use U for You or other such slangs. Use complete words. Even a small grammatical error can make the reader throw your letter away.
- Don’t forget to mention where you saw the company’s ad. Then you can start with explaining why you are interested in the particular job.
- Don’t use negative phrases. Make sure the sentences are brief too. The length of the overall letter should not exceed 1 page. The mangers that go through the letters don’t have a very good attention span. They just skim through the letters as they have to read hundreds of more in a day.
- Follow the exact format of writing an application letter, for better understanding you can download the templates and samples of letters. Make sure you write a new one. Don’t use the same letter as it is.
After you are done with writing it, proof read it for getting rid of errors.
Cover Letter Examples and Writing Tips
- Writing Good Cover Letters
- Download Cover Letter Samples
- Need A Cover Letter ?
- How to Write the Letter of Recommendation?
- Want to Download Resume Samples ?
- Block Format Letter
Professional Application letters. The first thing a potential employer sees in your job application is the cover letter. This doesn’t just support your CV – it’s an opportunity for you.
Other resources for application letter templates
Job Application Letter for a Finance Position
October 11, 2016