Cover letters are the first chance you have to impress an employer. Here’s our guide on what to include and how to format them.
Although resume is the most important thing you need in a job search, cover letter is equally important. As a matter of fact, cover letters are written to complement resumes. They are not written to repeat the contents of the resume but to explain them. Your cover letter could make the difference between your application and that of other job seekers. Too often than not, job seekers think that nobody will read their cover letters, however this is not true. You need to give your cover letter a thorough and proper touch in order to win the position you apply for.
You obviously do not want to sound unprofessional in your cover letter, do you? This is why you need to properly format your cover letter and ensures that the necessary professional writing formats, tones and methods are leveraged to create an executive cover letter. Before writing a cover letter, there are questions you need to answer. These include the following:
Cover Letter Examples
- The name of the company to which you are applying for.
- The name, title and address of the person whom you will address the cover letter to
- The title and reference number (if any) of the job you are applying for.
- The level or type of the job you are applying for. It could be “entry level”, “management” or “senior level”.
- Skills you possess that are suitable for the role or which you perhaps are not really utilizing enough in your current job.
- Your educational status and current job.
- What are your accomplishments or experiences in the field you are applying for?
- What can you offer the company if you are employed in the position?
Cover Letter Formats
Other Cover Letter Format Templates
You are halfway to writing a professional cover letter if you properly answer these questions. This is because the questions outlined above are the important things you have to enlist professionally in your cover letter.
You can download cover letter format pdfs :
January 29, 2016