Keloids are raised areas on the skin with red or pink scar tissues usually developing on the edges of an incision or a wound. These are abrupt raises on the skin often in pink color, and skin tumors that are fibrous as well as benign. These are of irregular shapes that increase gradually, and unlike ordinary scars, do not subside by the passage of time. Keloids develop usually after the happening of injuries, and extend beyond the sites of injuries. Keloids not being gender specific, people of both the gender can get afflicted.
Although specific reasons for Keloids have not yet been ascertained, there are certain patterns of their occurrences. Certain groups of people get afflicted under some specific circumstances. Alterations in cellular signals that regulate calls’ growth and proliferation could be the possible cause of Keloids. It is certain, however, that damages to the skin caused to the skin by the following lead to the formation of Keloids. They are:
- Body Piercing
- Chicken Pox
- Vaccination, and
- Insect bites
In some cases, Keloids develop without any rhyme or reason, and usually there is no definite pattern with respect to gravity or severity of the injury or the wound. Even insignificant abrasions on the skin can give rise to Keloids.
Symptoms of this disorder are the following:
- Elevated, dome shaped, and shining scar
- Colors of scars ranges between pink and red
- Itching sensation, tender and painful in touching
- Keloids develop mainly on shoulders, back, chest and ear lobes
Despite the fact that Keloids do not lead to serious complications, they can cause cosmetic problems leading to psychological stress. However, in rare cases Keloids can prove precursor to cancer.
Keloids can be treated with laser or surgery, but these are too costly. However, there are several home remedies that can effectively control and cure Keloids. Some of the simple home remedies of this disorder are delineated below:
- Honey– Honey effectively moisturizes and heals skin. The application of honey on the affected part of the skin for a few weeks can work wonder so far as curing Keloids is concerned. Massaging the part affected with Keloids with fresh organic honey preferably from Tualang tree improves blood circulation, and prevents piling up of cells of dead skin.
- Baking Soda– A paste of baking soda mixed with hydrogen peroxide applied on the scar and the surrounding area can effectively reduce inflammation and elevation to a great extent. The regular use of it can provide wonderful results.
- Garlic– It is a wonderful herb which can be very effective in case of Keloids. Regular application of garlic oil on the affected area prevents proliferation of fibroblast excessively as it helps grow Keloids. Even raw garlic crushed and applied can be highly effective.
- Rose Water & Sandalwood– Rose water mixed with sandalwood tones skin, and helps regenerate dead cells of skin.
- Aspirin– A paste of Aspirin powder applied on Keloids can effectively control and cure Keloids.
- Fresh Lemon Juice- Lemon juice is contain Vitamin C and used as an influential antioxidant. It is used for lots of skincare treatments including keloids. Take a fresh lemon juice and apply it on the affected areas of your skin. Keep it for almost 30 min and then wash it with warm water. For effective results, do this procedure twice a day for few weeks.
If you are worried about the scars caused by keloids and want to get rid of it naturally, you can try any of the above mentioned remedies. You should be assured that Keloids can effectively be tackled with home remedies.
September 10, 2013