LG G3 Android smartphone. Announced 2014, May. Features 3G, 5.5″ True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touchscreen, 13 MP camera, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth.
LG G2 was a great device in terms of its design, camera resolution and so forth but it is not a match for LG G3. Of course, LG G3 is simply an extension of G2 and it fills a lot of loopholes and weaknesses in G2 but it is indeed excellent. The device is good all round. There is nothing perfect in the world but LG G3 is nearly perfect. An overview of its top features will prove beyond every doubt that LG G3 is clearly one of the best smartphones for 2014.
Body and Display
When it comes to build, LG G3 greatly outmatches many other smartphones. Its build makes it a flagship smartphone of 2014.
Lg G3 Images
- The device has a dimension of 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9mm and weighs 149 g.
- Its touch screen is akin to that of Sony Xperia Z2 as it uses an LCD capacitive touch screen and a true HD-IPS with 16M colors.
- The screen size is 1440 x 2560-pixels of 5.5 inches with a PPI of about 534. However, it also have corning Gorilla glass 3 and multitouch feature.
The devices come with a microSD slot which allows microSD up to the size of 128 GB just like its rival Sony Xperia Z2. More so, the device may come with an internal memory of 16 GB and in that case its RAM memory would be 2 GB. However, it can also come with an internal memory of 32 GB and when it does it comes with a RAM of 3GB. The memory and RAM allows you to store a lot of things with the device and it also makes the device superfast for playing games and doing a lot of tasks.
G3 does not really match Xperia Z2 in terms of its camera. Its camera resolution is 13MP and it has 4160 x 3120 pixels. However, the camera has a slew of features which make it superb and these include:
- It has a phase detection/ or laser autofocus feature
- It also has optical image stabilization, dual-LED or dual tone flash.
- The camera comes with a sensor of the size of 1/3”, image recording, geo-tagging, simultaneous video, HDR and face detection.
- The video is nothing short of top notch. It has 2160p 30fps, 1080 30 fps, stereo, video stabilization and so forth.
- It also comes with a secondary camera of 2.1 MP and 1080 pixels 30fps.
Battery and connectivity
LG G3 has a strong battery that can last for more than a day. It uses Li-ion 3000 mAh battery. It is also stuffed with state of the art connectivity features which make it quite sleek and superb for surfing the internet. It comes with v4.0 Bluetooth with A2DP, NFC, infrared port and so forth. It also comes with Wi-FI- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi-Direct, dual-band, Wi-Fi-hotspot and DLNA. It also comes with microUSB v2.0 (SlimPort) USB.
Operating system and other features
G3 is built with Android operating system v4.4.2 with Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400. Its default browser is HTML5 and it supports messaging via SMS, MMS, Email, RSS, IM and Push Mail. The device comes in different colors including silk white, Moon Violent, Burgundy Red, Shine Gold and Metallic Black. It also supports a host of other features including photo viewer and editor, organizer, voice memo and command, predictive text input, SNS application and players like MP4, WMV, DiviX, XviD, H.264, H.263 players. It also comes with superb sensors such as gyro, proximity, accelerometer and compass. G3 is truly one of the best smartphones of 2014.
June 26, 2015