Make your home stand out with wall art. There are various ways in which you can design your wall with decorative pieces. This article will guide you on the ‘what’ and ‘how’ aspects of wall art, which gives you a wide array of options like photos, artworks, shelves, mirrors, etc.
- PHOTOS & ARTWORKS. What more can be the best design for your walls but personalized photos and artworks such as paintings? Photos add a homey and comfortable feeling to any home, while artworks are simply amazing pictures to behold. Frame types can widely vary, but make sure to use the same color in order to create a unified look; or if you are aiming for the eclectic type of room, then you must use complementary colors for your frames. In all cases, all photos and artworks should be kept at an eye level. In addition, when you have several wall arts, properly group them together in a horizontal, vertical, or quadrant manner. Knowing how to group pieces correctly will give your room a better appearance, such as the case when you hang your wall arts horizontally or side by side it will give the room the illusion of being larger and more spacious.
- SHELVES. Shelves do not only serve as an additional storage for any room, but it also accentuates a given space. It is okay to go wild and daring for the shelves since they can be put up in a room for a finished look. Moreover, what’s important are the materials or mementos placed in the shelf. These can be anything that ranges from books to trophies and photographs to souvenirs. Just keep in mind to group items by theme or function in order to create a unified appearance.
- MIRRORS. There is no general rule when it comes to mirrors. These decorative pieces are very flexible and there is no problem in finding the perfect match for your home. Mirrors can serve as a room’s focal point that brings light, depth, and the impression of additional space.
- OTHERS. If you got the budget and the boldness to experiment with wall pieces, you might want to try installing living walls that can be composed of different types of plants. These living walls add a natural complement to urban settings, and gives off that fresh and calming feeling after a tiring day. You can also use mosaics and murals as wall art, which can either be simple black and white or colorful but in any case work with almost all wall types.
Wall Art Image Gallery
Related Posts :
Walls can make all the difference in a room. They can make your room look bright, dim, large, and an array of other descriptions. Walls with the proper style add excitement and color to a room. So if you get tired of staring at a room with nothing but pieces of furniture, you might want to try putting some life to your wall. Here are some helpful reminders with the different aspects of wall decoration:
- PAINT. Select a paint color that will complement the room. There are significant points that must be put into consideration when choosing a paint color: personal preference, purpose of the room, and physical structure. For example, if the room is intended to be made as a living room, and the client wants it to give off a peaceful and relaxing vibe; then the most appropriate paint colors to apply are green, ocean blue, and sky blue. Make sure to follow the 60-30-10 color rule, where 60% of the room is composed of the dominant shade, 30% is comprised of the secondary one, and 10% is the accent color.
- CURTAIN. Choose a curtain that will balance your wall color in order to attain a cohesive appearance. You can opt to pick a curtain color or pattern that is at least similar in hue with the wall color. For example, if you walls are beige-splattered, your curtain must be also be in beige, although it can be lighter or darker. On the other hand, you can also choose curtains that are complementary in color with the wall, like ivory with orange and green with red. If you want to keep it all simple, then you could merely choose neutral colors for your curtains like white, which works well with almost any color.
- ARTWORK. The general rule is that the artwork that will be hanged over a furniture must only be about 75% of the width of the fixture. Anything larger is a big no-no as it will create an out-of-place scenario. In addition, choose small pieces for narrow walls and big pieces for large ones in order to make a proportional appearance. Similarly, hang wall pieces horizontally to make a narrow wall look wider, or vertically to make low ceiling walls appear taller. Hang the pieces at the center of the wall and essentially at eye level.
Following these simple rules will make a big difference on your walls and subsequently on the overall look of your home. Every part of the house is important, and so you should not undermine the significance of your wall decorations.
Wall Décor Examples
Other posts about decoration :