Ready to leave your job, but not sure how to put it into words? Here are our resignation letter templates to help you get the ball rolling.
Do you know how to write your resignation letter in a formal style?
- You need to clearly state the name of the person you are addressing the letter to. Of course, you should include his or her proper title.
- Explain your resignation briefly. Everything should be kept brief and hence you should go direct to the point and avoid beating about the bush.
- Also include the date in which your resignation will take effect and your last day of work.
- Always make sure that you give your employer sufficient time to find a suitable replacement for the position. Of course, before you resign you need to check the employment contract and know the amount of time you are expected to give your employer before your last day of work. Of course, some companies might even terminate the employment immediately and thus you should also be ready for this.
- It is unprofessional to quit the job and go your way without properly notifying your employer properly about your resignation and then leaving at the right time.
- You should also include your name and signature in the resignation letter.
- It is important to say “thank you” in your resignation. Never give in to the temptation of acting angrily simply because you were offended in one way or the other or something did not actually work out the way you expected. Keep it all positive after all you have decided to leave the company.
- The importance of being professional cannot really be overstated in a resignation letter. You need to be courteous and respectable when writing the letter. Avoid being emotional or using controversial words in the letter. The sandwich technique might go a long way to help you create a professional resignation letter. This simply involves writing positive statement on the either sides of the bad news – the resignation.
Contrary to what many people think, how you write a resignation letter matters. This is why you need to be careful with the words you use in the letter. Keep it all positive in the resignation letter as it goes a long way to determine your success in the professional circle. You can also take advantage of sample resignation letters available online to structure your resignation letter better.
Download Resignation Letters
- Sample Resignation Letter
Resignation Letter Sample Short Notice
Resignation Letter Relocation
Formal Resignation Letter Example