Formal and perfect cover letter free samples can be downloaded. Why should you write a cover letter? A cover letter is a single-page letter that should be part of any job application. If you want professional application letters it’s the right place. A cover letter is a one page document that you send with your resume when applying for a job. It is meant to: Introduce yourself to the hiring manager. Argue why you’d be a good fit for the job.
Download Cover Letter PDF Template
Professional Cover Letters & Application Letter Samples PDF
Printable Cover Letters- How to Use these Samples
Cover letter is a document sent with your resume to provide additional information on your skills and experience.
The receptionist cover letter will guide you on drafting a smart introductory letter that will give the employer a brief idea. Take a look a this growing collection of professionally written sample cover letters. Get your job advice from the career experts at yourmomhatesthis.com. Take a look a this growing collection of professionally written sample cover letters. We have specific guides and industry samples inside!
By a professionally written letter, you can make your resume stand out from the rest of the applicants. A sad thing is that people don’t realize the importance of cover letters and thus they fail to use them effectively. In majority of the letter, there is repetition of the stuff that is obvious. If such letters would be presented to the recruiting managers, then they will never read them till the end. One error and your letter will be thrown away. Nobody has got time for reading such rambling stuff.
Tips for writing a cover letters
If you want your cover letter to be a great one, then here are some tips which you should follow till death!
- Don’t use your cover letter to tell what’s already mentioned in your resume. For example don’t go on listing your qualifications. The cover letter should depict your skills, expertise your personality and a reason why you are curious to work in the particular job. Use some facts from the history about the field you are applying in. If you are applying for a job in the field of fashion, then mention stuff such as the fashion from the 80s inspired you a lot and all that.
- Start with some juicy sentence that could make the reader want to read the whole letter. Keep it short though. Three small paragraphs covering half the page will be enough. There is no need to add extra explanations.
- It is obvious you will not know whom to address. If it’s the manager then write “Dear Manager”. If you don’t exactly know whom to address, then you can also start the body of the letter straight. It won’t be issue of not addressing anyone.
- PDF is the best format to send your cover letter in if you are sending it through email. Though we write stuff in word documents but PDF is ideally used by every organization. The data that you have entered in the PDF file will remain exactly the same. Sometimes when you send a .doc or .docx file to another person, the whole formatting is ruined. You would never want this to happen to your resume and cover letter. Therefore, PDF will be the best option.
- Don’t mention your name in the cover letter. People start by “my name is Joe Read and…” that’s a really immature way to start a letter. The recruiters already know your name it’s pointless to mention it again like this.
Don’t forget to end the letter with a strong closing. Follow these tips and you will come up with a great cover letter.