You can download professionally written resignation letter samples for you. Before writing your letter, you must consider consequences of your resignation.
How To Write Resignation Letter: Do’s And Don’ts
Recruitment processes can be fun and exciting, but remember that when you need to resign, you also have to follow the ground rules. There are some features that should and should not be found in a good resignation letter. Let’s take a look at these. In this way, we want to ensure that your professional life continues flawlessly!
Do’s For A Good and Professional Resignation Letter:
- Which position do you resign from? A professional resigning letter should include this. List your positions and the name of the company. Your sentence might look like this:
“Please accept this letter as formal notice that I am going to resigning from my position as _____________ with _________. “
- If you want a professional resignation, remember that you should thank the company you worked for for the time to date and the advantages or opportunities. Of course, you should do this without exaggeration, kindly, and briefly.
- Use neutral language. People who read the letter of resignation should not think that you hate the job or that your resignation is written extremely sadly. Remember that you need to be professional, lean, and always clear.
Professional Resignation Sample Letters
Don’ts For A Good and Professional Resignation Letter:
- You don’t have to explain at length why you left the job. You can categorically state your reason for leaving your job, implicitly. For example, you can provide information such as “for family reasons” or “due to pregnancy”. But you don’t need to go into the details of your business problem. If you do so, it will a kind of weird.
- A resignation-letter is not the right place to criticize your peers and coworkers outright. It is absolutely unprofessional to do something like this here. This is a common mistake in resignations.
Writing a Letter of Resignation Due to Not So Congenial Atmosphere
It is not always smooth sailing while working with an organization, and sometimes, one decides to quit due to uncongenial atmosphere within the company. Under such circumstances, the letter starts with all traditional connotations, and it informs the decision to quit.
It is clearly mentioned that he is doing so with a heavy heart due to the suffocating environment in which he had been working so far. He may point to the fact that he was not accorded due recognition and was bypassed on many occasions, and that he felt humiliated when juniors were promoted and entrusted with bigger roles.
Despite his best efforts and the consequent good results, he was ignored, and it prompted him to take the decision. He may mention that his decision is final and irreversible. Nevertheless, he should thank for the opportunities he came across in the company.
He should mention that as per the agreement, he informs the company of his intention four weeks in advance, the notice period. He should request for absolving him with all responsibilities after the expiry of the notice period. Lastly, he should mention that he is carrying no acrimony and ill will against anyone, and should sign after customary show of respect.
Rules to consider when writing a resignation letter
A resignation letter ought to be kept concise, simple and precise. It should not be contemptuous but enriched with positivity. Employees have the duty to notify their employers whenever they wish to terminate the occupational contract. The letter must have the courtesy and the exactitude of stating the name, title and date when you resigned from the job.
The grounds upon which the worker decides to quit may be included but it is not an essential component. It is also a show of decorum and professionalism if one states when they plan to leave. Inclusions of positive comments that show appreciation to the employers firm are also necessary to avoid raising tension. Whenever an employee wishes to pen the resignation letter and they are stranded, a perusal of samples can give a general idea.
- Quitting your job may be necessitated by obvious reasons like when one finds a new one. It is common etiquette in the employment sphere to terminate the occupation upon a positive message. It is always hard but doing these ensures that you have not left a negative image of yourself in the incumbent occupation. Some people are unreasonable that when they want to stop working; they get the last salary and vanish. This is outrageous as you may let go off numerous opportunities that may have not been unveiled to you. Furthermore, it might be a suspicious circumstance that you just disappeared after the commission of an offence.
- There are a number of considerations when writing a resignation letter. It is important that sufficient knowledge is conveyed to the employer so that they can be able to plan on how to fill the vacancy. The general rule or logical reasoning suggests that the notice be delivered two weeks before especially for those on apex offices in the corporate world. This allows the scheduling of interviews, training of the new employee may be even by you for a few days, and this is common courtesy.
Positivity as we noted above is essential to the letter. Highlight the positives on the employment, projects and achievements that came on your way as an employee. Do not be contemptuous to any of the employees or the employer. To be certain of what you are writing go through sample letters on the internet and borrow a formant and notion on the content. The very fact that the departure is inevitable and date are important to the employer.